» Community Commitment
K&M Cares - 2017 In Review
Due to the generous donations of K&M Tire employees, K&M Cares was able to offer assistance directly to dozens of families and organizations throughout all of the K&M communities. These organizations include food banks, church outreach programs, back-to-school supply drives, and meal programs for local school students on free or reduced lunch programs.
Our most recent involvement was through the Delphos Community Christmas Project. Each year, the event organizers provide participants with a list of specific items families in our community do not have enough of. Participants will purchase and donate those items so they can be provided to families in need. This year, K&M Cares put on a “challenge” within K&M Tire. Our employees donated a total of 278 rolls of paper towels, 289 boxes of tissues and 662 rolls of toilet paper!! With the amazing response in donations last year, the Delphos Community Christmas Project will be able to provide toothbrushes, toothpaste and shampoo again this year as well!
Everything that K&M Cares is able to do is because of the employees within K&M Tire. We THANK YOU for your donations and support through 2017, and we are excited to see what the future holds!
Posted on December 18, 2017
Posted on August 23, 2017
As we continue to strive towards making a positive difference in our community; K&M Cares, our philanthropic board, along with our employees ended 2015 by lending a helping hand to many.
Here is a just a small list of the many different organizations and charities that benefitted from the generosity of our employees during the fourth quarter:
· A set of tires was donated to the Delphos Senior Citizen Center for their van
· $458.72 worth of toys was raised for the Kansas City Toys for Tots
· 902 rolls of toilet paper were collected for the Delphos Community Christmas Project
· 400+ articles of clothing, 25 new fleece blankets, 17 coats, and serval hats and pairs of kids shoes were donated to the Capuchin Soup Kitchen in Detroit, MI
· $100 worth of clothing and $60 cash was donated to Lydia’s House, an open door mission in Omaha, NE
· $550 was raised through Christmas gift wrapping for the future needs of our employees and/or community
· A $300 gift card and $200 worth of household items was given to family who were victims of a household fire
· Over 100 cans of food were collected for the St. Francis House in Sioux Falls, SD
· Toys were donated to Star of Hope, a homeless charity in Houston, TX
We would like to say thank you to our team for being so giving. Looking towards the future, K&M Cares, plans to continue to try and help employees and others in our community during times of need.Posted on March 01, 2016
Charity Focus of 2016 K&M Tire Dealer Conference
The 2016 K&M Tire Dealer Conference and trade show was held January 14th and 15th at the Overland Park Convention Center just outside of Kansas City – the middle of our territory.
This year instead of inviting a celebrity to speak during our morning general session, K&M Tire highlighted the work of our longtime charity partner, Food for the Poor Inc. Angel Aloma, executive director of the international agency, talked about the Florida-based group’s work, and the more than $1 billion in aid sent to 17 countries in 2015.
Yokohama Tire Corp. donated $20,000 to our new philanthropic board, K&M Cares. We split that donation into two gifts: $10,000 was presented to Food for the Poor. Then one of our Yokohama Advantage dealers was chosen through a raffle and given the remaining $10,000 to donate to a charity of its choice. Dan and Tim Ronda from Ronda Auto Centers in Michigan split that gift between two charities, giving $5,000 each to Kids Food Basket and Volunteers in Service.
Posted on February 03, 2016
K&M Employees Making a Difference
K&M Tire is very proud of our employees who continue to strive to make a difference in our community. Many of employees have found numerous ways to give back and help those in need.
We would like to take the time to recognize the following locations for their commitment:
· Delphos, OH, Corporate Office: Collecting toilet paper for those in need within the community
· Cleveland, OH, warehouse: Gift basket was donated to a local food bank
· Detroit and Grand Rapids, MI, warehouses: Clothing drive to benefit the Capuchin Soup Kitchen in Detroit
· Kansas City, KS, warehouse: Collecting for Toys for Tots
· Houston, TX, warehouse: Collecting donations for Star of Hope homeless shelter
Items and donations will be collected until December 16th.
Thanks to all of our generous employees for displaying such wonderful values. We appreciate your spirit of giving.
Posted on November 25, 2015
|« Older Posts|